Wolfram & Mathematica
To remove Python gamesp, simply execute the following at the terminal:
rm -rf /home/pi/python_games
sudo rm -rf /opt/vc
Removing the Python games will save ~1 MB of space on your SD Card.
sudo apt-get remove –purge libreoffice*
Removing the Scratch package will save ~300 MB of space on your SD Card.
The following description is made for Raspberry Pi running Raspbian ( Jessie).
There is different desktop sharing system to choose between when selecting a system for remotely controlling the desktop interface of the Raspberry Pi, in this description, TightVNC is used, it is found to be one of the best and most reliable system. ThightVNC client is available and also easy to setup on Windows, Linux and Apple systems.
The setup of the VNC server will in this description be done via SSH, so it is important that SSH is enabled on that Raspberry PI and also to know the IP address of the Raspberry PI.
- Start updating the Raspberry Pi by running the following command via SSH.
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
- Then install the VNC server:
sudo apt-get install tightvncserver
- Start the vnc server:
- Enter a password to secure the Raspberry Pi
- Start the VNC server with a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels and a colour depth of 24 bits, by the following command.
vncserver :1 –geometry 1920×1080 –depth 24
- If there is no need for the physical desktop to be running the close it to spare resources by the following command:
service lightdm stop
Please be aware that after restart the vncserver has to be started manually, otherwise see the description of how to automatic start VNC server at boot time.